HOW TO INSTALL
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The downloaded software package now contains a file “setup.exe”. Please run this setup.exe file to install / uninstall / repair or upgrade.
Installation process of Brilliance File Organizer is easy. We are assuming that you have the following two:
- Downloaded compressed file (ZIP file)
- Product / License Key
- Create a folder called FileOrganizer in C: drive (e.g. C:\FileOrganizer).
- Copy the compressed installtion file in this folder.
- Uncompress the ZIP file in this folder. Locate the “setup.exe” file.
- Double click on the “setup.exe” file to begin installation.
- Follow on-screen screen instructions until end with default settings.
- Close the last screen titled “Installation Complete”.
- Locate File Organizer shortcut on your desktop or from list of installed applications.
- Double click on the shortcut to start Brilliance File Organizer software.
- Provide your unique License Key and a Promotion Code (if you have any).
- Click on Activate.
- This is a flexible activation process. Active Internet connection is recommended, but it is not required.
- The Product Activation tool will attempt to connect to Brilliance Server for product registration purpose. If this attempt fails because of Internet connection issue or Firewall issue or invalid License Key etc, you will have plenty of time in your hand later to complete the activation process properly.
- Keep note of the messages. You can review the messages anytime by opening Product Activation Tool later from menu->Help->Register Product.
- Once product activation is complete, the “Settings” window will be displayed.
- Create a folder where Brilliance will store your files (e.g. C:\myfiles). Select it by clicking on Browse button beside “File Storage Directory” box. Click on Save.
- Select your scanner folder (or keep it as it is) by clicking on Browse button beside “Auto Import source Directory”box. Click on Save.
- Click on Close button to close the Settings window. NOTE: Please remember to Save each of the setting items by clicking on Save buttons.
- Once you are done with Settings, Brilliance will create it’s own File System under the File Storage Directory location you have just provided. You will be able to change this location whener you want – please review “How to Change File Storage Location” section in this document about how to do it.
- Setup is now complete.
- Enjoy the ease and power of Brilliance File Organizer.